Sammich

Revamped and ready for action!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Come one Come All-

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Come one Come All- on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 am

Upon request I have laid out the basics of how I go about photoshoping.
This tutorial is not very good but I think it displays my method. For the
best results please open and view this in photoshop.

I admit I skipped over some of the very basics of photoshop for I intended
to make a tutorial for those who have already dabbled in photoshop. However,
I think it is easy enough to follow.

Without further adieu, here be my humble tutorial-

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4472/stut.png

If you do decide to use this humble method just remember ol' Inari
is the one that taught it to ya...(dont see who else could have taught it to you
seein' as I'm the one who made it Xd )

View user profile

2 Re: Come one Come All- on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 am

Karasu

Admin
Awesome! I'll have to draw something and have a go Razz *excited*

3 Re: Come one Come All- on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:29 am

^^'
Its not much to work with but good luck

View user profile

4 Re: Come one Come All- on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Karasu

Admin
I made an Xmas card!

You can print it out and send it to your family and friends! Razz

Hope you like it.

Technical stuff:

1: I used your method of using the contrast colours + brightness etc. That really helped. I did however have to stop when it came to step 3, with the pen tool. I'm sorry, that thing is a nightmare to use. It... it's not even logical how... yeah, let's not go there. I really like your tutorial, when I conquer my fear of the pen tool, I shall progress further in it Very Happy I also used lots of layers, like you demonstrated Razz

2: I learnt how to use the paintbrush tool, the eraser tool, the smudge tool (which I used on his tail etc), the magify tool, and I even progressed as far as to use renders of some sort to make the background look like rain. I also changed the lighting angle slightly. And I learnt about the text tool! Razz

Thank you Inari! Very Happy

5 Re: Come one Come All- on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 pm

I’m delighted to hear you made progress, especially so if my hand had any help in doing so. ^^

I forgot about the problems with the pen tool. I used to hate it myself but I will tell you once you master it and its elements it becomes a wonderful friend. A hint for using it is, consider where the wings are pointing and you can manipulate the path anchors using the command (to pick up an anchor) and alt (to alter the angle of the anchor path). All simply confusing unless you are show the way…

But if the pen is an old enemy that ceases to surrender, the brush tool can work fine in its stead. The brush tool actually eliminates one of the confusing areas of the tutorial and general photoshop for you do not have to use the path layers option at all if you work with solely your brush. I tend to use my brush more often times when I want a picture to have a personal touch—that way I can claim that I did everything by hand. This is one of the few I did solely by hand.

http://galexi.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=66443878

Normally I do not do everything by hand for paths save time. Paths allow for colors to be added as quickly as you can outline but I must admit just using the brush and smudge tools alone can have a really nice effect on a picture.

But I’m glad to hear you experimented with new things. A lot of the effects you can see in my pictures are all on behalf of my layers. I only use a few filters here and there but I really like messing with the modes of the layers. Try using some of those for your next pic, those tend to help me out. As a final note, I like your pic however forgive me when I don't send it out…I get the reference but I don't think others outside of this forum would. ^^’

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum