Sammich
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sammich

Revamped and ready for action!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Primary order of business

+4
Akira
SCK[KC]
CS23X
Inari
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Primary order of business Empty Primary order of business Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 am

Inari

Inari

The first ingredient to making an rp is picking a setting for our original story to take place. After all got to start at the foundation when building, so we could either pick from something as a base or if all else fails decide to wing it and go off in a new rp world of your own making, The typical and most successful rp tend to be based off of a popular anime/manga series. So allow me to pose the question, what seems the most interesting idea for a story setting?

Opening the board for discussion, post what you would like to see for an rp. My suggestion would be for something well known and not too off the wall where people could relate to it or at least have some knowledge of desired topic. For example the known anime/manga of bleach or naruto; those are known and have a basic concept that can be bent to our whims. But I leave this topic open to any suggestions, if you’ve got an idea post away.

-----
Another order of business could be how one actually goes about rping, but I've got a feeling most have the idea of the concept; but if you have any doubts feel free to interrogate me through pm and I'll try to answer you to the best of my ability. (I can be considered a veteran Rper; meaning I've made the mistakes and have been through my fair share of tales, so I might be able to answer you, if only you should pose a question.)

2Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:11 pm

CS23X

CS23X

Well an Anime/Manga RP that would be interesting to do, but yet a little difficult to pull off would be one based on Fullmetal Alchemist /Brotherhood. It would definitely put our minds to the test to say the least.

I also wouldn't mind participating in a .hack// RP, most people don't enjoy this series, but it would be very interesting to try.

These would be my ideas for a RP afro

3Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 pm

SCK[KC]

SCK[KC]

In this thread: B****es dunno 'bout Alucard's Insane Roleplaying Adventure.

[offtopic]

Say, Al, in the case you seeing this, I have for long been thinking we should, in the case you would bother, have a rerun on the very original IRPA, the one that started it all, IRPA0 as I like to call it. We only had, what, 3 playes back then I think, and hell I sure do hate how my character Beat was back then; simply, he was utter bulldoodie, and has basically been redone in every possible way except for his red hair, basic body build, fighting using fire and such little details, his backstory being completely redone. Truly, I would love it if you were to run now hopefully with a bigger crowd the very original IRPA in the sense you would also, as much as possible, use the same storyline and options as back then. So how a bout it, a rerun on the hunt for the Bread of the Demon Castle? I really miss our fellows such as the Orange Knight and his gang and Zoda Razz
I would be pleased though if you were in the case you'd do this overrun some bulldoodie story takeoverattemps of mine Rolling Eyes Makes me furious to look at what a noob I was back then.

Also, the IRPA and and Dungeon Adventurers haven't, on NUU, been updated for quite the while. Just noting.

[/offtopic]

4Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Inari

Inari

From my understanding those could have been deemed as 'nonsense' class rps, were they not? Where there truly was no purpose and members could post what they felt like on the spot regardless of how absurd it seemed? Idealistically this topic is not meant for those of that intention, preferably I was hoping to inspire an actual story type rp and not a ‘stats based battle dungeon’ type.
On a last note of my intent for an rp, I do not wish to formulate an rp in which characters are so easily disregarded and slain constantly; it should not be an aim of a rp to see how many characters one might slay just for the sake of say bragging rights. No my intention is to rekindle the old ideas of rp that existed on Nxc; where one would place themselves in an environment and then interact with characters accordingly using a battle of plausible wit to win a fight. Not to sound negative towards the ideas brought from nuu, its merely that I cannot comment on the events that happened there for I was not there myself to experience them.

Anyway, after spamming in my own topic…my suggestion for an rp setting would be something out of Elder Scrolls Oblivion. I support this one due to the diverse races and cultures exhibited throughout the game, even if one has not played the game I think one could easily pick up on it due to other references like lord of the rings and a bit of research here and there.

5Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 pm

CS23X

CS23X

Fullmetal Alchemist can be a story based RP. And your Idea of the Oblivion RP intrigues me. But said RP shouldn't be limited to the races and classes on the game. I think we should create a new diverse set of races and classes, but still retaining the original if some choose to be them. Even though Oblivion is based on stats, I think we could easily throw them out considering you don't necessarily need stats for an RP based on Melee and Magic, if it is strictly story based.

6Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:53 pm

SCK[KC]

SCK[KC]

Inari wrote:From my understanding those could have been deemed as 'nonsense' class rps, were they not? Where there truly was no purpose and members could post what they felt like on the spot regardless of how absurd it seemed? Idealistically this topic is not meant for those of that intention, preferably I was hoping to inspire an actual story type rp and not a ‘stats based battle dungeon’ type.

Despite the fact yes this very much originally was the case, it has been the one most enjoyable roleplay series I have ever been a part of. The series has also gone trough very major developement since; Nowadays what I call IRPA0 is more of the "Abridged series" sort of thing, I suppose.

7Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Akira

Akira

Anyone care to explain what IRPA is/was in a pm? xD

And As for Rp's that I am interested in:
Oblivion, like inari said...I love...oblivion... Shocked
Bioshock...Which will never happen
Kuroshitsuji
Anything japanese related, Like a kenshin esque rp
Star wars
As for bleach and naruto, its beginning to get old...and overdone xD
Fma possibly
and a couple of other things that i can't think of right now :3

8Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Karasu

Karasu
Admin

Cool. To be honest, I'm up for anything.

Oblivion could be great fun. We'd need some sort of objective though.

I guess my preferences would be:

• Naruto (old yes, but it could be interesting if some odd twist was added)

• One Piece (potentially, a little more exciting perhaps. The choice of creating your own fruit, or an existing one could give quite unique characters and battles)

• Any sort of japanese one (E.g. Kenshin-esque, as Akira suggested).

• House MD (I wonder how that would turn out... Crazy as it sounds...)

I also have my own idea for a manga, everyone I've asked seems to like it. It might be fun to turn into an RP? It's probably easier to talk about on msn though. A lot needs to be explained about it.

9Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Blakz

Blakz

Naruot Bleach:Overdone

One Piece:as Majeh said it could be exciting

Marvel/DC:hmmmm need some ideas on this one

Starwars: I like the idead Akira maybe..just maybe

Anything Japanese:we did it on NXC the one with Rei,Demons and Humans (i think it was Senkai rp) i enjoyed it alott

FMA:well thats a good idea

Fairy Tail:now that would be good

HouseMD:Lol Wuy Majeh xD
Anymore ideas guys??

10Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Corebalt

Corebalt
Admin

(Takes in breathe...)

• One Piece (It was pretty enjoyable on NUU - it's just that NUU was a RP turn off for me...)

• Marvel (Superheroes + Villains is already win... so yeah)

• Um. That's it.

Those are the only pre-existing RPs, I would likely try. Aside from Halo, but who would try that lol

I figure we make RPs from scratch - it will take time, but it pays off in the end since we aren't limited to existing constraints found in the likes of Naruto, BLEACH, and etc.

After all - what's the fun in playing in a world where we're are limited because the manga hasn't answered enough questions yet. Rolling Eyes

------------------

Maj really? House... smdh lmao. I can already see us making up fake ailments and your character hopped on meds solving them.

Also - not to knock Bioshock or Oblivion, I have no knowledge of either games. Crying or Very sad

https://sammich.forumotion.net

11Primary order of business Empty Re: Primary order of business Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Weakjounin

Weakjounin

How about a beelzebub or Defense Devil RP?
go read those on OM before OM dies :'(

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum