Sammich
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sammich

Revamped and ready for action!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy New Year

+7
Rook
Karasu
R&R
Corebalt
CS23X
Doctor Diabolical
Inari
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 am

Doctor Diabolical

Doctor Diabolical

@R&R: Well allrighty then, I guess I could make it a resolution to stop taking debates too far >.> .

----

@Al: Hey, it's "how nature won't accept the folly of man"!

..."Godzilla!"

That was like, the first song on the first album I owned :3

Congrats on the comp, Al, and I do hope your resolutions (including the one you struck) work out!

27Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Inari

Inari

*coughs*....seriously, you guys spammed the hell out of my happy new years topic .-.

Oni wa Soto (demons begon)
Fuku wa Uchi (welcome happiness)

*throws beans at you all*

[An excerpt ritual of the Japanese New Year celebration]

----------

And as for my resolution...hmm...I think I'll focus on my studies
(not that I haven't been already)

28Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:05 pm

R&R

R&R

yeah doc D, way to spam it up.

>_>

<_<

29Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:13 pm

SCK[KC]

SCK[KC]

Jesus fucking a Christ, Doc, while you have all my respect as some of the most awesome people in our little community and whatnot, I truly feel like I am lucky for not having facepalmed as hard as I feeled I needed to reading your jibber jabber; for all I know I might've fractured my skull. And yes, Majeh, I am reviving your conversation, for I missed it. Not only that, I am, despite of the love I have for you as a person, speak to you in all boldness possible, Doc.

First of all, what Majeh said is not naive, not at the slighest; while crude, sad and a little deppressing, he was speaking nothing but mere truths. People do not change, and our world only as good as we make it; as it happens, people ain't good. People are, all in all, selfish creatures, which is something we have even proven by a thousand of tests... well not a thousand, but you got my point.

You see, while unfortunate, our society always follows a certain pattern, all thanks to the evil nature of mankind:

1) Evil, selfish men rise to power through deception and lies
2) These evil men want more power and start wars
3) Everything gets fucked up
4) Everything tends to start more or less again
6) Some peaceful times go by with good presidents and whatnot
7) We go back to point 1.

People also seriously do not change, not unless they get like freaking brain tumors or something. I agree, people develop: but you see, people are only as good as their deeds. As Majeh said, be a man a murderer, he will forever be tagged as evil by the society. When everyone thinks you are evil, it ain't easy to become good again; infact, it is impossible. Even if you may more or less develop for the better deep inside what a member of religious folk such as yourself may call a soul, the society, that has tagged the said person as evil, will only pull him back and keep him to the status given. In the end, all change people really do have is negative. Hell, I even know a person with, well, more or less pedophilic urges time to time - not that he has ever actually gone around touching children, but there just is a certain incident that happaned far back in his past that left him more or less confused. Now, just think he told everyone of these thoughts that sometimes go through his head; people won't feel as comfortable around him no-more, not your average fellow at least. Whilst the concept of change in humen is more or less a little abstract, all in all, people never really change that much, not for the better at least.

Anyhow, that was a big ass chunk of useless talky walky. As my last comment directed especially to Doc, never bring your god up in a serious conversation; if religion can be taken as anything by really critical minds, it can not be taken as serious. As any bit of really critical thinking on the subject dissmisses the whole existance of deities, it should not be brought up in critical conversations.

Anyhow though, yeah, happy new years evribodi!

30Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:44 pm

R&R

R&R

some people change, lots of people don't. and there is no solid proof that says god does or doesn't exist. end of conversation. not another peep about this unless you want to open up a debates section, as it is disrespectful to Inari.

31Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 pm

SCK[KC]

SCK[KC]

To the ends of human imagination with things I am told to and not to do, I am saying the last words! With no evidence to say god does not exist, no evidence is needed to say he don't. We can also explain how pretty much everything works completely without god, making the only use for a god the actual start of the universe - this would, however, call forth another guestion considering where the deity in guestion came from, which is an infinite continuum, and for it is infinite it is necessary we would stop at a certain point; given the fact everything indeed can be comfirmed to run on its own without the intenferense of a deity, I believe the right point to stop at would be a theory such as the big bang, not a god.

32Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:23 am

Inari

Inari

It is difficult to tell a man from a fool whilst he is arguing with one; for to any onlooker,
there is no difference between the two.

Whether it be disrespectful to me or not [To RR], this debate is based upon topics that have
sparked countless age-old arguments and disputes. I’d really not rather have this on the forum
once again. This would mark the first argument of the New Year and at the rate that you all are going, you’ll have covered every major debated topic. =_=

Create a blog and rant about your ideas of the world if you feel so inclined to boast your
opinions or do something more productive with them, otherwise lets try to be civil on a forum.

So I believe we all have read each side of your arguments so put an end to this senseless
flamming spam, shall we?

-------------
Scy, Please lock this topic for it has outlived its original purpose.

33Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:17 am

Alucard009

Alucard009

Really, Doc? I dunno, I tried to sound it out with "won't accept" and looked on lyrics sites. Just doesn't seem to add up, but that's lyrics for ya.

Uh...I kinda tried to stay on topic >.>

34Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:10 am

SCK[KC]

SCK[KC]

I

AM

A

GOD

DAMN

PIRATE!!

Arrrr.

Last edited by SCK[KC] on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

35Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am

Karasu

Karasu
Admin

It's as if people forget my topic-locking capabilities. Suspect

36Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Doctor Diabolical

Doctor Diabolical

Alucard009 wrote:Really, Doc? I dunno, I tried to sound it out with "won't accept" and looked on lyrics sites. Just doesn't seem to add up, but that's lyrics for ya.

Uh...I kinda tried to stay on topic >.>

Huh, I guess you were right o.O. It always sounded like "won't accept" ("won' 'cept") to me, though at the time I hadn't listened to it all the way through in a while. I can hear "points out" now myself.

And hey, except for that, I stopped arguing (I'm not wanting this forum to break apart too x_X).

37Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Corebalt

Corebalt
Admin

(Sighs)

Yeeaaaaah. Let's not try to tippy-toe with every little word spoken. I agree with Inari, the debate did spam the living hell out of this topic...

...but, we're all big kids here. No point in shushing ourselves for the sake of "peace" on this forum. Nothing was said here that was flame-war worthy. Actually, I was impressed with the back-and-forth you all had going. Lengthy post that got your point across while also considering what the other side said (Claps) - it brought tears to my eyes.

If you want to debate, just make another topic. Just keep things respectful, yet critical... debates can't be had when you're juggling the truth and sending flowers to those you might offend = \
--------------------------------------------

Anyways. Resolutions of mine:

Try not to procrastinate as much...

Get things handed in on time, or even beforehand.

Learn to code - so I can make this forum super smexy.

And a few relationship sappiness that will not be uttered on this forum. You should get the gist of it already = |

https://sammich.forumotion.net

38Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Xovos

Xovos

Happy new ye-...!!
... I'm a bit late, aren't I?

39Happy New Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy New Year Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:06 pm

Doctor Diabolical

Doctor Diabolical

Xovos wrote:Happy new ye-...!!
... I'm a bit late, aren't I?
Tis OK, I suffer from the same problem XP